35.75 x 23.625 inches
“ANGELS TWENTY FINE ART” watermark does not appear on print
Rhine Valley, Germany, April 1945
The first in a collection of limited editions commemorating the 60th Anniversary of the conclusion of World War II.
In April 1945, with the War virtually over, P-51 Mustangs of the 357th Fighter Group sweep unopposed at low-level through the beautiful Rhine Valley. This is the first release in a pair of prints paying tribute the USAAF in Europe 1942 - 1945 and once again Robert Taylor has produced a classic painting reminiscent of some of his most collectible releases.
The edition is personally signed by up to TWELVE Fighter Aces and pilots all of whom flew in Europe with the 357th Fighter Group.
The Aces Edition
Joining artist Robert Taylor, each print is signed by FOUR highly prominent Aces from the 357th Fighter Group.
- Colonel CLARENCE E 'BUD' ANDERSON
- Brigadier General FRANK L GAILER
- Lieutenant Colonel ROBERT G SCHIMANSKI
- Captain ROBERT P WINKS
The Victory in Europe Edition
Each print in this edition is additionally autographed by a further eight Aces and Pilots of the 357th Fighter Group making a total of TWELVE signatures in this edition:
- First Lieutenant JOSEPH BLACK
- First Lieutenant RAYMOND T CONLIN
- Lieutenant Colonel WILLIAM W FOARD
- First Lieutenant DALE E KARGER
- Major JOHN A KIRLA
- Captain WILLIAM B OVERSTREET
- Colonel ARVAL J ROBERSON
- First Lieutenant JOHN SKARA
Framing: Please see framing details here